435-632-7309

Water damage in St. George is tricky to detect, and often when it is easy to find, the damage has already been done. Water damage is typically caused by flooding from storms, leaking appliances, overflowing tubs/sinks/toilets, and other pipeline backups or breaks. With so many possibilities of water damage, the least you can do is act immediately when a sign appears. So here are some common red flags to keep your eye out for so you can extinguish the problem as soon as possible.

Water Damage in St. George

Firstly, stagnant water or sitting moisture can begin to grow mold and bacteria. When spores and bacteria grow, a stale smell will begin to emit. You want to be especially wary of mold growth because it can release spores into the air that can cause very serious health issues to you or your family. Another red flag that signals water damage is discolored spots along walls or floors. Mildew grows in areas of moisture and can spread if untreated. Another unfortunate consequence of water damage in St. George is peeling paint. Water is slightly acidic and breaks down the adhesion between the paint and dry wall. If your home has more than one story, you can detect water leaking by a droopy ceiling or a caving floor. These are dangerous signs and if action isn’t taken quickly, can lead to damages to the floors below.

When it comes to the cleanup, you want to completely dry the area and dehumidify any moisture. Overall, as long as you notice the spots or smells when they begin to arise, your home should be safe from water damage. If some water damage in St George happened to get through, the faster you act the better.